Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lace Doily

  

This is a gift made for one of my friends. She always used to visit me and appreciate all my works. So I when she was leaving I wanted to gift her something special and sweet. I did not have much time for it neither did I get any good books for reference . I had just one night left to decide on the pattern and finish it .And to my disgust I found just one small ball of thread left too. Luckily it was her favorite color . So I just figured out a pattern in my mind and hoping and praying that it comes good I just started it and within few hours completed it before sleeping. It was christmas time and I had a tree decorated in my living room. I invited this friend for tea and seeing the christmas tree she even asked if there is any gift in store for her. I didnt answer it. We had tea did chit chat for sometime. Finally while she was leaving I told her that the wrapped gift beneath the tree was for her. She opened it and was overwhelmed as she looked at it. It was a memorable evening for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment