Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Snowflake doily



This was done for another close friend of mine. She was a very dear friend who had been by my side when I was sick and when I needed company. so when she was leaving it was very tough for me. I wanted to gift her something really worth all the help she had done for me. She is a good cook , a good artist and a good home maker.I was confused what to get for her when finally the idea clicked in me to do something and gift. I was sure it would surprise her and  I was also confident that she would treat it precious and keep it with her. So I selected this design and finished it with a light shade that will go with almost all the furniture or fabrics. I gifted it to her on the previous day of her leaving and was happy that she genuinely liked it.
When I started it I did not know what to name but some of my friends who saw it asked whether I meant a snowflake as it was wintertime when I did this. So I got the idea and named it Snowflake.

No comments:

Post a Comment