Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My first crochet


This is the first one I did , recollecting what my grandma had taught me when I was in school. I did not follow any book nor did I know the name of any stitches I was doing. Later when I knew about a class in our library in Crochet I attended it . The instructor was surprised that I did this pattern without knowing the different type stitches . After her class I could read and follow instructions and do different patterns. Till now I have tried different doilies which were always my favorite.

This one patter is always sentimentally close to me as its my first and also I recognized I could do something useful with this pattern. I still remember how it started. One weekend evening my hubby had to work in office and I did not know when he will be back.So I started this pattern as a waiting time pass and finished the center piece. Still there were no signs of him coming and it was late night, my thread also got over. Then I found a piece of crochet which we had bought and I started making a copy of its border pattern into the one I was doing. Finally by the time my hubby came it was late and I had this wonderful piece in my hands. 


No comments:

Post a Comment